Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

A trip to the beach and a summer themed bake.

How glorious has the weather been this weekend?

I made the most of the summer (we can't guarantee how long it will last) and took a day trip to Hayling Island today.

I've resolved to move there one day and buy one of these cute beach houses.


This glorious weather reminds me of a recent bake which was for June's Clandestine Cake Club. The theme was Summer Feeling.

For me, Summer and food is all about picnics and eating al fresco. The ideal picnic for me would be similar to afternoon tea - sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and then cake of course.

I wanted to create a bake which incorporated all three. So I made a Victoria Sandwich with lashings of jam and cream in the shape of a sandwich. I used this silicon pan from Lakeland.

I used a classic Victoria Sponge recipe taken from here.





Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment