Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Who Will You Bake For This World Baking Day?



It's World Baking Day on Sunday 18th May.

I've mentioned before that I am lucky enough to work on the campaign. It's great fun to work on, how could you not love working on promoting a day which is to celebrate a love of cakes and baking. This year the campaign is focussed on sharing the love with someone special through the power of a homemade cake.

Giving someone a homemade cake is a brilliant way to let them know how much you care. We often forget to tell the people who matter most why they make our lives a little bit easier, a lot more fun or infinitely more interesting! This World Baking Day everyone is encouraged to pledge to bake for someone special at www.worldbakingday.com.

There is a great website (even if I do say so myself). It's definitely not your average recipe website (in a good way) but you will find 12 recipes on there to inspire your baking. A few months ago I promised I would make all of the recipes and true to my word, I did. Unfortunately I didn't get photos of them all but I really did make them all, I promise.










(with a hidden egg)










I would really struggle to choose a favourite, these are genuinely all great recipes. The chocolate chip cookie has become my new favourite cookie recipe, they're deliciously chewy. I loved the Mosaic cake which is a traditional cake from Turkey and very similar to the Italian cake called Chocolate Salame. But if I had to choose I would probably have to go for the Chocolate Guinness Cake - it's so dark and moist and yummmmmmy.





No comments:

Post a Comment