What better opportunity to bake some cute baby themed cupcakes. I bought these Baby Shower Cookie Cutters from Lakeland ages ago and have been waiting for an excuse to sue them. I was really impressed with them, they were really easy to use on biscuit dough and fondant.
I made the biscuits first, then cut out the shapes with fondant and stuck these onto the biscuits (they stick easily with a tiny bit of water). Finally I put them onto cupcakes.
I wanted to share the biscuit recipes with you as this is the best recipe if you want your biscuits to taste good and keep their shape.
Simple Vanilla Biscuits
1 tsp vanilla
425g plain flour
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line a couple of baking tins with baking paper.
- Cream the Stork and sugar in a bowl or food processor for a couple of minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again briefly.
- Mix in the flour until a dough forms.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out using a rolling pin. If at this stage it feels a bit too sticky you can add more flour.
- Cut out the biscuit shapes and lay them on the baking trays.
- Put the biscuits in the fridge for 5 minutes before baking in the oven for 12 minutes or until starting to brown at the edges.
- Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack.